From SIMHA FARMS
1. Kodachadri trek through Hidlumane Waterfalls
2. Belligundi waterfalls trek
February 17 & 18, 2018
₹ 4700 per person.
Are you a forest lover? Love to trek in the evergreen, thick and dense forests of western ghats? Then this definitely is for you!. SIMHA FARMS is organizing a 2 day trek where you will be covering 2 treks.
1.Kodachadri trek through Hidlumane waterfalls – Kodachadri is one of the highest peaks in Karnataka. Explore the beauty of the hill via beautiful waterfalls, the Hidlumane waterfalls.
2. Belligundi waterfalls trek.- Tucked deep inside the western Ghats this falls has breathtaking forest en-route. The falls with a height of more than 300 feet is one of the tallest waterfalls in Karnataka.
While the first one is relatively known and explored, the second one is rarely visited. Mostly because of the difficulty level it offers. You need to trek in the forest for about 8-9 k.m one way of which the last 2 k.m. is almost 70 degree descend. It is definitely not for the beginners. After that you need to jump on the rocks and boulders to reach the base of the falls!
6:00 A.M. – Arrival/Freshen up/Tea,Coffee
8:00 A.M. – Breakfast.
10:00 A.M. – Departure to Hidlumane waterfalls by Jeep.
10:30 A.M. – Start trekking with a guide, Reach peak around 4:00 P.M., Watch Sunset, Return by Jeep.
8:30 P.M. – Dinner.
9:30 P.M. – Good Night.
If you want to save the energy for the 2nd day trek you can come back by the same jeep from Hidlumane. After the lunch you can go to the Kodachadri peak to watch sunset by jeep (which will go to pick up the trekkers).
5:00 A.M. – Wake up, Freshen up
5:30 A.M. – Assemble near the dining hall, coffee/tea, collect the packed food
5:45 A.M. – Departure to Belligundi by jeep
6:45 A.M. – Start the trek
7:00 P.M. Return to SIMHA FARMS
8:30 P.M. – Dinner
9:30 P.M. – Departure
Kodachadri is one of the tallest peaks in Karnataka, its located at a distance of 18 kms from SIMHA FARMS.
Hidlumane waterfalls is located at a distance of 17 kms from SIMHA FARMS
Belligundi waterfalls also known as Kudumari waterfalls is near a small hamlet called Karaani, its located at a distance of approx. 45 kms from SIMHA FARMS.
Visit https://goo.gl/z4Mi35 for more info
The Kodachadri trek is relatively easy, it can be rated 4.5 on a scale of 10.
Belligundi trek is difficult, it requires a lot of stamina and mental strength. It can be rated 8.5 on a scale of 10.
The following is included in the cost
● The Trek Fee
● One night accommodation in Dormitory (Can be extended for the second night with free of cost for the stay)
● All meals during the trek (Day 1 & 2)
● Guide fees for both Kodachadri and Belligundi Trek.
● Local transportation to Hidlumane Falls, Kodachadri Top and Belligundi trek base
● Forest permits for both the trails
● Basic Medicines and First Aid kit
The following is NOT included in the cost
● Travel to and from SIMHA FARMS
● Bottled water and other beverages
● Extra food that is NOT mentioned in the itinerary and inclusions list
● Personal gear needed for the trek
● Any kind of insurance during the trek or transit
● Any cost which is not mentioned in the “inclusions” or personal in nature
● 100% payment is a must to confirm participation in the trek.
● Smoking and consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited during the trek.
● Regular Indian style nutritious vegetarian food will be served for breakfast, packed lunch, dinner along with coffee/tea.
● Though we always strive to provide our participants the best possible facilities at all times, there could be some challenges because of the geographical location and momentary situations. As the sole intention of the trek is to experiencing nature we believe this should not be a constraint.
● Every participant is expected to possess minimum understanding of the functioning of a trek.
● Participants need to be mentally and physically fit even for a beginner’s level trek.
● Every participant shall be equipped with the necessary gears required for a trek.
● Any change/alteration in the schedule of the trek will be taken keeping in mind the interest of the entire group. The decision of the trek leader / camp manager will be final.
● In case of any mishap, bad health condition or fitness condition, the trek leader / camp manager will have the sole discretion to decide if the participant can continue or will be sent back to base.